Thursday, July 20, 2006

Take Aways from Cooperating Administrators Workshop

Excellent, well-organized and informative.

Being politically savvy will be an important aspect of our job.

Maintain measurable and obtainable goals.

I might be able to marry the curricular piece to the non-curricular elective.

I learned how valuable it is going to be to have a supportive CA and coach.

My coach seems very supportive and me and my needs. I look forward to working with her in the year ahead.

I need to change some items on my MOA really soon.

One takeaway that I have from this event is that my principal is committed to my internship which should make it go smoothly!

Feedback is good. The more eyes vetting a document the better.

I learned that even though other SPA member's cooperating administrators didn't show up, they still had similar interests and problems in their school. We all helped to improve each other's MOA, regardless of whether the cooperating administrator showed up. TEAMWORK!

I learned a lot of practical tips on how to manage the various projects.

My cooperating administrator supports and believes in my capabilities.

I have a better understanding of the role of the coach as mediator between the administrator and intern.

While I believe I am capable of negotiating most of the terms of my internship myself, it is good to know that my coach will be available to mediate if needed.

It is through experience and cooperation that we are able to learn from one another.

The internship experience may prove to be the most difficult and stressful part of the SPA program. Although, I do feel more positive than I once did - overall, I'm still too concerned/anxious about the experience.

I am going to have a lot of support from both my coach and my CA. :)

I think I need to have a sit down with my cooperating administrator (who was unable to attend).

Keep it simple - it's not a cop-out.

Keep it simple. We are in it for the kids.

This was an important event to build the team.

My Coach is old school! I will benefit from this old-school experience.

Woah.

The many role models that were in one room...each principal there gave us one piece of advice that we didn't read in text books. Good leaders!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home